Saturday, November 2, 2013

Chapter 2 Time change:

What is up with these humans?  I have been here in this neighborhood for a long time, maybe not long enough, but I'm good. And the food comes out from the houses in the morning bit after the sun rises.  It usually is very tasty and the yogurts are fresh, opened, so I don't have to claw through it, and there is enough that if I lick a few I get full.  I stay away from the brown ones, it doesn't taste good to a cat.  Yes, Chocolate is not good for cats.  But I like the chicken on Saturday night even it is a bit dry.  Why don't the humans eat the dry chicken? If feels like it was out all day, and it is stringy, but who cares?  Not me.  I like any leftovers.  But today, what's up?  The people didn't come out until later. I am upset.  I like to get in a yogurt, and then I go off to catch a mouse or two.  I finished off all the lizards in this neighborhood a long time ago.  In the winter they don't move too fast and they are easy.  Unless I get the tail. Those come off, but are still tasty.  Why don't the people come out like usual?  Maybe they all are sick today.

Most people are afraid of me.  I don't know why.  I am a good cat.  You see, it might be because of my eye.  Yes, I can't see well out of my left eye.  You can't see it in the picture, but most people see me and run the other way.   No matter, my motto is not to bother others, and they won't bother me.  Life is easier that way.  Oh, look, here are the humans that like to pet! I'll run over to them, maybe they will pet me!  

"Meow, Meow" I say, they say back "Meow, Meow"  They don't know what they are saying,but I won't tell!  As long as it is not a swear word, it is ok.  

"No, put your hand out and I'll do the petting, Yes, just like that." I kiss with my nose and then run my head up and under.  That's good,  You know a cat needs more than just a good meal in life.  A good pet just warms a body up.  

"No, don't pick me up!  Don't you know that all the other street cats make fun of me when they see you pick me up! Meow, Meow,  Don't worry, I used to be a house cat, I won't scratch., Now lets go for a walk.  Come along human,  let's go this way.  Yes, follow me.  I just like to walk.  No, that's my toilet, stay away from that flower box! Meow, Meow,"  I said.

"Meow. Meow" says the human.  

"I'm not going to tell that you have the accent all wrong.  No cat is ever going to be fooled by that meow, you have to put more higher frequencies in it." I say. 

Where are you going, Human?  Around the building?  well ok.  This is a boring walk, no cars, no mice. Why are we doing this?  Oh, now that we have gone all around the building you want to pet me?  
Rrrow, no way, I have better things to do.   Catch ya later, but when that will be I don't know.  See ya. 
Rrow. 


For Rachael's other books available exclusively on Amazon go here:
 http://www.amazon.com/Rachael-Alice-Orbach/e/B00A21JOVI

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coco and The Glass Cat

 Today my owner brought home a glass cat. The glass cat is not such a nice cat.  She was brought to life by a magician and she is not soft, ...