Monday, November 11, 2013

Chapter 4 - For you my future kitten

If I had kittens, which I do not have right now, I would do things differently than you humans!  I watch you.  I see what you do and I will remember.

There was a mother and a baby who were sitting here one day waiting for one of those big four wheel van things. The little girl was waiting for her ride, and the mother and baby were with her.  Well they were sitting there with her but not really with her, if you get my drift.  The baby wanted attention and kept spitting out the plastic thing that some people keep parked in the baby's mouth, I guess the baby didn't like the taste or something and the baby started to scream. So this is really sad what happened.

I've seen other mothers and babies sit here and usually they play with the baby, sing and generally make a fool of themselves, but no one ever says anything.  It is usually very cute and other people sometimes come and play with the baby too.  Nothing wrong with that.  So anyway, this mother either she is lazy or something or she doesn't like to play so she took out of her purse this screen thing and turned it on and immediately the baby was glued to it.  The mother had it play happy songs, like for kids, you know, kids walking around in a circle, a bunny singing,  and stuff like that. What was the mother doing when the baby was watching the screen?  She was holding the baby, but not paying attention to it at all, she was talking to her friend, about a party that she wanted to give the next Sunday night!

Is this the future generation of humans, being trained to pay attention not to people but to a screen?  Is that what is most important in life?  Well maybe for humans, but not for cats!  No wonder people are rude and don't like to interact with people.  They are trained to look at a screen at a very early age.

That is why when I find humans that don't have this screen thing attached to their faces, I come and meow, they meow back, and I pet them.  They think that they are the ones doing the action, but I know better. There is more to life than screens.  I like to smell all the new smells, catch the occasional mouse and lay in wait for a bird.  Sometimes I get one!

When I have kittens you bet that I will teach them all the basics, like I was taught.  How to run and catch the birds, use my nose to find trouble, and maybe keep out of it, how to catch lizards, and not just the tail part, how to find the best humans to pet me.   You Bet!


For Rachael's other books available exclusively on Amazon go here:
 http://www.amazon.com/Rachael-Alice-Orbach/e/B00A21JOVI

No comments:

Post a Comment

Coco and The Glass Cat

 Today my owner brought home a glass cat. The glass cat is not such a nice cat.  She was brought to life by a magician and she is not soft, ...